Archive - Jul 19, 2013
BRISTOL, Conn. â€” Jocelyn Bodington delivered one of the finest outings of her young softball career, Alex Pina knocked in five runs to lead a potent attack at the plate, and the Cumberland All-Stars made their presence felt in a very big way on Friday afternoon in the Eastern Regional tournament.
The three-time Major Division state champions kicked off their New England pool play by parlaying Bodingtonâ€™s dominant pitching and an 11-hit assault into an 11-1 win over Charlton, Mass. that went all six innings at Breen Field on the Bart Giamatti Complex.
Sylvia B. Forte
CUMBERLAND- Sylvia B. Forte, 80, passed away Thursday in the Miriam Hospital. She was the beloved wife of Antonio A. Forte. The had been married for the past 60 years.
Born in Woonsocket she was the daughter of the late Russell W. and Beatrice (Caron) Champagne. She resided in Cumberland for the past 54 years.
She was employed by the former Drolet Hardware Co., Pawtucket for 13 years retiring in 1995.
Crystal J. Hall
PROVIDENCE- Crystal J. Hall, 64, of Providence, formerly of Burrillville, RI, passed away July 17, 2013 at Tufts Medical Center in Boston MA.She is the daughter of Crystal Joy (Wright) Hall of Pascoag, RI, and the late Pastor Frank Schulte Hall, (former pastor of the Berean Baptist Church, Harrisville). For funeral information please visit
Ronald L. J. Ouellette
LADY LAKE, FLORIDA- Ronald (Ron) Ouellette, 70, of Florida, formerly of Woonsocket passed away on June 6, 2013, at The Villages Hospital.
Ron was born on Jan 18, 1943 in Woonsocket. He was the son of the late Aldeo (Leo) and Florence (Hantis) Ouellette also of Woonsocket. Ron graduated from Mount St. Charles in 1961.
UXBRIDGE â€“ An estimated 20 residents of six occupied apartments at 32 South Main St. were left homeless Thursday after a fire swept through the back section of the 3-story brick commercial building and caused extensive damage before it could be extinguished.
Everyone in the building at the time was reported evacuated safely but the dayâ€™s high temperatures around 95 degrees resulted in three firefighters being hospitalized for heat exhaustion, according to Fire Chief William Kessler.