Skip to main content

Archive - Jun 8, 2012 - News Article

Careless use of fireworks causes house fire

June 8, 2012

WOONSOCKET – A two-alarm fire that displaced four residents in a two-family at 24 Knight St. early Thursday morning was caused by the careless use of fireworks.
Lt. Scott Popovich of the Woonsocket Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Bureau said the fireworks were legally purchased at a retail store.
Investigators for the WFD determined that the fire started in a pile of debris in the yard behind the house. The fire eventually crept toward the house, scorching the rear facade and the roof, Popovich said.
The fire will be classified as accidental in nature.

WHS Class of ’12 off to new horizons

June 8, 2012

WOONSOCKET – A tough year ended on a jubilant note as Woonsocket High School’s class of 2012 strode off into the great unknown with words of encouragement and sage advice Friday.
After a ceremony spiced with student performances of pop music, 309 seniors picked up diplomas in the gymnasium, where hundreds of spectators gathered, clutching balloons and sounding the occasional noisemaker.
“Be the best version of yourself possible” was Valedictorian Justyna Pietrus’s parting advice to her classmates. “No matter what your version of success is work until you get there.”

WOONSOCKET — Since last October, Mike St. Germain and dozens of other folks have spent countless...
When Hilary Dionne graduated from Dartmouth College in 2007 after a spectacular running career for...
PAWTUCKET — To PawSox manager Kevin Boles, Shane Victorino passed his first rehab test. Playing...
WOONSOCKET – Despite an early fundraising setback, COPS Walk is forging ahead this spring and hopes to outstrip last...
MILLVILLE – For Justin O’Connell, 2013 was supposed to be The Year. After years of training, after the struggle just to...
UXBRIDGE – A Worcester Superior Court judge Tuesday reduced bail for a 62-year-old registered sex offender and Uxbridge...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes