Skip to main content

Archive - Feb 21, 2013 - News Article

Wood stove likely caused Norman St. fire

February 21, 2013

WOONSOCKET — Fire officials have identified a woodstove in use for heating as the probable cause of a fire that gutted a single-family home at 195 Norman St. Tuesday night.
Capt. Michael A. Morin, city fire marshal, said the department’s investigation into the fire discovered at about 7:40 p.m. Tuesday pointed to the woodstove as the likely cause even though the heavy damage to the wood-frame structure would likely prevent a final determination from being made.

WOONSOCKET – Once again, WOON (1240 AM) is staking a claim to become the premier on-air...
The first cross-country meet of the high school season takes place on Saturday, Sept. 5 when...
When it comes to the weight events in high school track and field, particularly the hammer and...
WOONSOCKET — With construction crews and school officials scrambling to make last-minute preparations for the first day...
MILLVILLE — A loving tribute from a soldier preparing for war to his mother on the other side of the continent has come...
WOONSOCKET — The final details still need to be worked out, but it appears the 2015 edition of the city's annual...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes