Skip to main content

Archive - Apr 17, 2013 - News Article

Organizers: R.I. marathons will be held

April 17, 2013

PAWTUCKET — The director of two of Rhode Island’s biggest road races says there are no plans to cancel the races in light of Monday’s Boston Marathon bomb attack.
Charles Breagy, who directs the Navigant Credit Union Running Festival Half Marathon and 5K in Pawtucket — scheduled to be held this year on May 5 — and the CVS Caremark Downtown 5K in Providence — slated for Sept. 22 — says the two races will go on as planned.
“These races are still in place to happen. We’re revisiting security and we’ve reached out to police, but as of today, the races will go on,” Breagy said.

WOONSOCKET — Earlier this month, Mount Saint Charles Academy’s volleyball coach, Josh...
WOONSOCKET— For Mount St. Charles first-year head coach Henry Coleman, this was one heck of...
Editor’s note: This is the first in a multi-story series looking back at the memorable events of 2014. Whether it was...
WOONSOCKET – Three Woonsocket men appeared in Providence District Court Monday, where they were ordered held without...
WOONSOCKET – City police were reported on Sunday to have arrested three suspects in connection with a series of armed...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes