Skip to main content

UPDATE: Alice Mill fire caused by spark from welding torch

June 8, 2011

Woonsocket firefighters pour water on the smoldering remains of the former Alice Mills complex on Wednesday morning, which was gutted by fire Tuesday night. The cause of the fire was deemed accidental, the result of workers using an acetylene torch to cut metal for salvage inside the mill. (Call photo by Ernest A. Brown)

WOONSOCKET – Once again, WOON (1240 AM) is staking a claim to become the premier on-air...
The first cross-country meet of the high school season takes place on Saturday, Sept. 5 when...
When it comes to the weight events in high school track and field, particularly the hammer and...
WOONSOCKET — Fifty kindergarteners shared high-fives with political advocates for school choice as the Blackstone...
WOONSOCKET — With construction crews and school officials scrambling to make last-minute preparations for the first day...
MILLVILLE — A loving tribute from a soldier preparing for war to his mother on the other side of the continent has come...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes