Skip to main content

UPDATE: Alice Mill fire caused by spark from welding torch

June 8, 2011

Woonsocket firefighters pour water on the smoldering remains of the former Alice Mills complex on Wednesday morning, which was gutted by fire Tuesday night. The cause of the fire was deemed accidental, the result of workers using an acetylene torch to cut metal for salvage inside the mill. (Call photo by Ernest A. Brown)

PAWTUCKET – Rarely do you hear “versatility” and “pitcher” mentioned in the same breath. According...
WOONSOCKET — On an afternoon when Mount St. Charles pulled off an astonishingly spectacular triple...
WOONSOCKET — For Lincoln High junior Mason Palmieri, it doesn’t get much better these days. On...
UXBRIDGE – A Worcester Superior Court judge Tuesday reduced bail for a 62-year-old registered sex offender and Uxbridge...
WOONSOCKET – State and local officials of the cash-strapped city took action on two fronts this week to bolster its...
WOONSOCKET – The latest plan to resurrect full-day kindergarten is more taxpayer-friendly than ever and no longer...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes