Skip to main content

UPDATE: Alice Mill fire caused by spark from welding torch

June 8, 2011

Woonsocket firefighters pour water on the smoldering remains of the former Alice Mills complex on Wednesday morning, which was gutted by fire Tuesday night. The cause of the fire was deemed accidental, the result of workers using an acetylene torch to cut metal for salvage inside the mill. (Call photo by Ernest A. Brown)

PAWTUCKET — Will Middlebrooks can relate to Daniel Nava. A year ago, Middlebrooks scuffled so...
NORTH SMITHFIELD – Almost everything he witnessed on Monday morning/afternoon, North Smithfield...
The bib numbers in the 30,000s and high 20,000s look awfully strange. And the newly created fourth...
WOONSOCKET – A former Revere, Mass., educator has filed an application with the Rhode Island Department of Education to...
WOONSOCKET – Quick, what do Superman, President Barack Obama and screen actor Jason Statham all have in common? Yeah,...
WOONSOCKET – UnitedHealthcare of New England is seeking the Department of Health’s approval to cut Landmark Medical...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes