Skip to main content

Lightning ignites house fire; dog dies

June 26, 2012

LINCOLN – A bolt of lightning from a front of storms passing through the area Monday morning is believed to have sparked a fire in the roof of a home at 1809 Old Louisquisset Pike and left a family of three temporarily homeless.
Mark Rodrigues said he son, Austin, 17, was home at the time of 10:50 a.m. strike and immediately called the fire department.
“The Fire Department said they heard a heavy bang in the area and then got the call,” Rodrigues said while looking over the aftermath of the fire at his home on Monday.
“He called 911 right away and then called us,” Rodrigues said. Austin was able to get one of the family's dogs, James Dean, out with him safely, but a second pet, Lexie, had been inside a room on the main level and perished in the fire.

CUMBERLAND – Following the blueprint that has churned out plenty of athletic success in...
PAWTUCKET -- PawSox shortstop Deven Marrero swears by a motto that proves quite handy whenever he’s...
PROVIDENCE – What started out as a conversation between Rhode Island Interscholastic League...
WOONSOCKET – The line of people, some disheveled and weary-looking, formed behind a red pickup truck that backed into a...
WOONSOCKET – After a rocky political fight that goes back months, a new era of full-day kindergarten got off to a...
WOONSOCKET – Feeding the poor: They call it God’s work at The River United Methodist Church on Federal Street. They’ve...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes