Woonsocket firefighters sift through the rubble in Room 209 at Chateau Clare on Park Avenue in Woonsocket Sunday morning where a fire was reported. Roughly 30 residents were evacuated and asked to go to St. James Parish Hall across the street to await further
instructions. Mary Sene, a resident who suffers from COPD, was taken to Landmark Medical Center to be treated for difficulty breathing. Firefighters knocked down the wall to her apartment while battling the blaze, which is believed to have started around 5:30 a.m., according to a witness. The Red Cross was on scene to assist.