Skip to main content

City man injured in explosion

August 30, 2012

WOONSOCKET — Vapors from an adhesive product caught fire with an explosive flash that left one man injured at an East Woonsocket residence Wednesday night.
Firefighters said George Butts, 45, was installing a kitchen floor in his second-story apartment at 446 Cumberland Hill Road about 8 p.m. when the room was suddenly engulfed in flames.
“Tenants heard a loud bang,” said Capt. Michael Morin, deputy state fire marshal for the Woonsocket Fire Department. “There was definitely an explosion. The adhesive was all over the walls.”

Read more in our print edition.

When it comes to the weight events in high school track and field, particularly the hammer and...
BURRILLVILLE – Deb Hunt would listen to her grandson Isaiah DeSilva whenever he talked about...
LINCOLN — Two of Rhode Island’s beloved school sports coaches will be the center of attention, as...
LINCOLN — Due to an unexpected increase in student enrollment, two elementary schools are adding classrooms merely a...
WOONSOCKET – The city and the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority have reached an agreement to relocate the Depot...
WOONSOCKET — The late Rev. Lionel A. Blain’s favorite philosophy was Christian existentialism, which he studied from...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes