Skip to main content

City man injured in explosion

August 30, 2012

WOONSOCKET — Vapors from an adhesive product caught fire with an explosive flash that left one man injured at an East Woonsocket residence Wednesday night.
Firefighters said George Butts, 45, was installing a kitchen floor in his second-story apartment at 446 Cumberland Hill Road about 8 p.m. when the room was suddenly engulfed in flames.
“Tenants heard a loud bang,” said Capt. Michael Morin, deputy state fire marshal for the Woonsocket Fire Department. “There was definitely an explosion. The adhesive was all over the walls.”

Read more in our print edition.

PAWTUCKET – Rarely do you hear “versatility” and “pitcher” mentioned in the same breath. According...
WOONSOCKET — On an afternoon when Mount St. Charles pulled off an astonishingly spectacular triple...
WOONSOCKET — For Lincoln High junior Mason Palmieri, it doesn’t get much better these days. On...
UXBRIDGE – A Worcester Superior Court judge Tuesday reduced bail for a 62-year-old registered sex offender and Uxbridge...
WOONSOCKET – State and local officials of the cash-strapped city took action on two fronts this week to bolster its...
WOONSOCKET – The latest plan to resurrect full-day kindergarten is more taxpayer-friendly than ever and no longer...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes