Skip to main content

City man injured in explosion

August 30, 2012

WOONSOCKET — Vapors from an adhesive product caught fire with an explosive flash that left one man injured at an East Woonsocket residence Wednesday night.
Firefighters said George Butts, 45, was installing a kitchen floor in his second-story apartment at 446 Cumberland Hill Road about 8 p.m. when the room was suddenly engulfed in flames.
“Tenants heard a loud bang,” said Capt. Michael Morin, deputy state fire marshal for the Woonsocket Fire Department. “There was definitely an explosion. The adhesive was all over the walls.”

Read more in our print edition.

A little of this, a little of that …   For the purposes of building a foundation...
PAWTUCKET – For reasons no doubt discussed ad nauseam in other forums, “Rocket” Roger Clemens will...
In the state title clash for the 9/10 division at Ayotte Field in Woonsocket on Thursday, Lincoln...
WOONSOCKET – An 18-year-old city man faces a felony assault charge after he allegedly attacked a local police officer...
WOONSOCKET – Members of the International Association of Firefighters Local 732 voted Friday to ratify a collective...
WOONSOCKET – With a good turnout of about 80 motorcyclists helping out, all Cercle Laurier President Roland Cagnon...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes