Skip to main content

City man injured in explosion

August 30, 2012

WOONSOCKET — Vapors from an adhesive product caught fire with an explosive flash that left one man injured at an East Woonsocket residence Wednesday night.
Firefighters said George Butts, 45, was installing a kitchen floor in his second-story apartment at 446 Cumberland Hill Road about 8 p.m. when the room was suddenly engulfed in flames.
“Tenants heard a loud bang,” said Capt. Michael Morin, deputy state fire marshal for the Woonsocket Fire Department. “There was definitely an explosion. The adhesive was all over the walls.”

Read more in our print edition.

WOONSOCKET – Once again, WOON (1240 AM) is staking a claim to become the premier on-air...
The first cross-country meet of the high school season takes place on Saturday, Sept. 5 when...
When it comes to the weight events in high school track and field, particularly the hammer and...
WOONSOCKET — Fifty kindergarteners shared high-fives with political advocates for school choice as the Blackstone...
WOONSOCKET — With construction crews and school officials scrambling to make last-minute preparations for the first day...
MILLVILLE — A loving tribute from a soldier preparing for war to his mother on the other side of the continent has come...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes