Skip to main content

NEW -- RI parole board reviews release of 'thrill-killer'

November 28, 2012

PROVIDENCE — The planned release of a Woonsocket man imprisoned for a 1999 "thrill killing" has been put on hold while the Rhode Island Parole Board revisits the case.
The board approved a plan earlier this year to release Alfred Brissette Jr. more than 20 years before his original release date. Brissette pleaded no contest to murder for killing Jeanette Descoteaux and was sentenced to serve 35 years in prison.
His release gained attention after WPRI-TV reported this week that he was due to be released next month.
Board Administrator Matt Degnan said Wednesday that part of Brissette's release plan fell through. He would not give details.
He said on Dec. 17 the board would discuss the plan, hear from Brissette and make a decision on what to do.

When it comes to the weight events in high school track and field, particularly the hammer and...
BURRILLVILLE – Deb Hunt would listen to her grandson Isaiah DeSilva whenever he talked about...
LINCOLN — Two of Rhode Island’s beloved school sports coaches will be the center of attention, as...
WOONSOCKET – Concerns over loose masonry block work covering steel supports in the Woonsocket Middle School buildings’...
WOONSOCKET – It has been a busy summer at the school department’s McFee Administration Building and...
PROVIDENCE – A Superior Court judge has refused to issue a temporary order blocking RISE Prep Mayoral Academy...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes