Skip to main content

NEW -- RI parole board reviews release of 'thrill-killer'

November 28, 2012

PROVIDENCE — The planned release of a Woonsocket man imprisoned for a 1999 "thrill killing" has been put on hold while the Rhode Island Parole Board revisits the case.
The board approved a plan earlier this year to release Alfred Brissette Jr. more than 20 years before his original release date. Brissette pleaded no contest to murder for killing Jeanette Descoteaux and was sentenced to serve 35 years in prison.
His release gained attention after WPRI-TV reported this week that he was due to be released next month.
Board Administrator Matt Degnan said Wednesday that part of Brissette's release plan fell through. He would not give details.
He said on Dec. 17 the board would discuss the plan, hear from Brissette and make a decision on what to do.

PAWTUCKET – Rarely do you hear “versatility” and “pitcher” mentioned in the same breath. According...
WOONSOCKET — On an afternoon when Mount St. Charles pulled off an astonishingly spectacular triple...
WOONSOCKET — For Lincoln High junior Mason Palmieri, it doesn’t get much better these days. On...
UXBRIDGE – A Worcester Superior Court judge Tuesday reduced bail for a 62-year-old registered sex offender and Uxbridge...
WOONSOCKET – State and local officials of the cash-strapped city took action on two fronts this week to bolster its...
WOONSOCKET – The latest plan to resurrect full-day kindergarten is more taxpayer-friendly than ever and no longer...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes