Skip to main content

NEW -- RI parole board reviews release of 'thrill-killer'

November 28, 2012

PROVIDENCE — The planned release of a Woonsocket man imprisoned for a 1999 "thrill killing" has been put on hold while the Rhode Island Parole Board revisits the case.
The board approved a plan earlier this year to release Alfred Brissette Jr. more than 20 years before his original release date. Brissette pleaded no contest to murder for killing Jeanette Descoteaux and was sentenced to serve 35 years in prison.
His release gained attention after WPRI-TV reported this week that he was due to be released next month.
Board Administrator Matt Degnan said Wednesday that part of Brissette's release plan fell through. He would not give details.
He said on Dec. 17 the board would discuss the plan, hear from Brissette and make a decision on what to do.

CUMBERLAND — As a history teacher at Cumberland High School, Andy Tuetken has seen...
PROVIDENCE – This much is known: Providence College will not be hosting DePaul in a key Big...
BURRILLVILLE  – Junior center Riley Tupper admitted being amazed when Burrillville...
With the Blizzard of 2015 headed out to sea, the clouds gave way to partial sun just after 9:30 Wednesday morning, a...
PROVIDENCE – With the Blizzard of 2015 shaping as one of the most damaging on record, Gov. Gina Raimondo on Monday...
Weather forecasts for a potentially massive blizzard striking Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts had Woonsocket’s...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes