WOONSOCKET — Vapors from an adhesive product caught fire with an explosive flash that left one man injured at an East Woonsocket residence Wednesday night.
Firefighters said George Butts, 45, was installing a kitchen floor in his second-story apartment at 446 Cumberland Hill Road about 8 p.m. when the room was suddenly engulfed in flames.
“Tenants heard a loud bang,” said Capt. Michael Morin, deputy state fire marshal for the Woonsocket Fire Department. “There was definitely an explosion. The adhesive was all over the walls.”
Read more in our print edition.